Breach of Contract
At Cordoba Law Firm, PLLC, our Lake Jackson business law attorneys hold others accountable in breach of contract claims.
Contracts are legally binding agreements made between you and others. When the other party fails to honor the terms of your agreement, they can be held liable in a claim. At Cordoba Law Firm, PLLC, our Brazoria County breach of contract attorneys in Lake Jackson have over a decade’s worth of experience successfully defending the rights of clients. We help you get the compensation you may be entitled to in Texas breach of contract claims.
Defending Your Rights in Texas Breach of Contract Cases
When someone violates the terms of an agreement or fails to live up to their end of a deal, you have legal recourse provided that a valid contract is in place. In the case of Hallmark v. Hand (1994), the Texas Court of Appeals identified five elements a contract must contain:
● An offer;
● Acceptance of the offer;
● A ‘meeting of the minds’ in regards to the agreement;
● Communications between the parties regarding acceptance of the terms;
● Delivery and execution of the contract with the intent that it is legally binding on both.
Provided the contract in question meets these legal standards, it is enforceable in court. At Cordoba Law Firm, PLLC, our Brazoria County breach of contract attorneys in Lake Jackson aggressively represent clients in these cases. In addition to written contracts, we can defend your rights in verbal contracts as well. This is provided they are specific and involve some type of consideration, such as an exchange between two parties or when someone agrees to do something he or she is not legally required to do.
Damages You May Be Entitled to for Breach of Contract
Under Texas law, there are several options you have in terms of pursuing legal action in a breach of contract claim:
● You may be entitled to specific remedies, such as having a court void the contract if the other party violates the terms. You may also be able to legally force the other party to take certain actions originally agreed on in the contract, such as fulfilling the terms of a sale.
● Depending on the situation, you may be entitled to monetary damages, as well. This includes liquidated damages, which may have been specified in your original contract in the event it was breached. You may also be entitled to actual damages, which are meant to ‘make you whole’ and provide for other expenses you may have suffered.
In addition to the above, you may also be entitled to seek an award for attorneys fees. These can cover any legal expenses that result from pursuing a breach of contract claim.
Get Our Brazoria County, Texas Breach of Contract Attorneys on Your Side
At Cordoba Law Firm, PLLC, our breach of contract attorneys provide the trusted legal guidance and professional representation needed to defend your rights in a claim. To get our team fighting on your side, call or contact our Lake Jackson office online and request a consultation today.