Jason M. Cordoba
JASON M. CORDOBA is the managing attorney at Cordoba Law Firm who has successfully represented clients in a broad range of business and real estate transactions and civil litigation. Jason’s practice focuses on real estate transactions and real estate litigation, business formation, business transactions and business litigation, Wills, trusts & probate, will contests and probate litigation, banking and collection matters for various financial institutions and creditors. Jason also counsels clients in employment law and governmental law. Jason is an ambitious attorney striving to earn client’s respect and trust during representation. Jason approaches his practice with the primary goal of reaching his clients’ goals and providing insightful legal counsel.
In addition to his representation of numerous small businesses and individuals, Jason also represents First State Bank of Clute, First State Bank of Louise, Third Coast Bank, Brazosport Water Authority, Vernor Material & Equipment Co, Inc., Dooling Machine Products Texas, LLC, Economic Development Alliance for Brazoria County and Brazoria County Emergency Services District No. 6. When Jason is away from the office, he enjoys spending time with his wife, Andrea, and their three children, Benjamin, Ava and Brayden, and when time allows hunting, fishing and playing golf.
- Lead counsel in numerous real estate transaction involving the sale and purchase of commercial real estate and residential real estate.
- Lead counsel in the drafting and negotiation of numerous commercial leases, including advising clients on events of default.
- Lead counsel in numerous business formations and restructuring, including limited liability companies (LLC), corporations and limited partnerships.
- Acts as attorney to numerous small and medium sized businesses.
- Lead counsel to assisting clients in the purchase and sale of both small and medium size businesses.
- Lead counsel to financial institutions in loan documents and modifications, loan workouts, loan defaults and litigation.
- Legal counsel for a corporate director in the investigation of another director embezzling significant corporate sums. The matter resulted in the client obtaining a return of 100% of all embezzled funds, reimbursement of attorney’s fees, and the director immediately resigning.
- Lead counsel in partition suit that was tried to the bench and resulted in the real property being partitioned.
- Lead counsel in real estate partition suit of property originally titled to individual in the late 1800’s. The matter resulted in a settlement, and his clients obtained their portion of the property and clear title.
- Lead counsel in setting up property owners associations and preparing restrictive covenants.
- Lead counsel in a Will contest and successfully defended the enforceability of the Will on behalf of a beneficiary in an estate valued at approximately $2 million.
- Legal counsel on behalf of non-profit organization named as a beneficiary in Will in a Will contest, which yielded a six figure settlement to the non-profit corporation.
- Successfully obtained dismissal of EEOC complaint filed against employer.
- Legal counsel to beneficiary of an Irrevocable Trust in which the trustee was alleged to have violated innumerable fiduciary duties including self-dealing, commingling of assets, and failing to act in the best interest of the beneficiary. The matter resulted favorably for the trust beneficiary with the trustee voluntarily resigning as trustee and disclaiming the inheritance trustee was to receive under the trust and Will.
- Successfully presented oral argument to Texas Supreme Court in tax redemption suit resulting in client’s ownership of 5 acres on the Intercoastal Waterway.
- Successfully represented ten investors in merger with major healthcare provider.
- South Texas College of Law, J.D.—2006
- University of North Texas, B.S.—2003
Memberships and Affiliations
- Brazoria County Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas: Business Law Section
- Texas Association of Bank Counsel
- Brazosport College, Board of Regents
- Brazosport Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors
- The Economic Development Alliance for Brazoria County, Board of Directors
- Rotary International
- Lake Jackson EMT, Inc., Board of Directors