R. P. Matthew ("Matt") Allen
Matt is a senior associate Partner at Cordoba Law Firm, PLLC. Matt's focus is in litigation, which includes expertise in civil, probate litigation, business litigation, and real estate litigation. In addition, Matt is well versed in banking and collection matters for various financial institutions and creditors, Wills and trusts, probate, business formation and transactions, real estate transactions, employment law, family law and governmental law. Matt strives to treat every client as if they are the only client and approaches his practice with the primary goal of reaching his clients' goals with efficient and effective legal counsel.
When Matt is away from the office, he enjoys spending time with his wife, Danielle, and three (3) children, Aiden, Avery, and Noah, and when time allows, playing golf and being outdoors.
- Litigation Experience in Numerous Residential and Commercial Construction Cases
- 2020 – Obtained multiple favorable settlements in residential and commercial disputes;
- 2019 – Lead counsel in bench trial regarding construction defects residential wherein a judgment was obtained, which included attorney’s fees;
- 2017 – Obtained a judgment, which included a permanent injunction against neighboring property owner; and
- 2016 – Obtained a settlement, which included payment of attorney’s fees.
- Litigation Experience With Numerous Partition Suits
- 2015 – 2020 Lead attorney in partition suits resulting formal partition of real estate
- Litigation Experience In Personal property disputes
- 2017 – Successfully defended against a claim of conversion of personal property
- Successfully Obtained Dismissal of EEOC Complaints Filed Against Employer
- 2016 – Obtained dismissals of baseless and meritless complaints filed by disgruntled employees
- Litigation Experience in Debt Collection both for Debtor and Creditor
- Experience In Representation Of Both Homeowner and Homeowner’s Association
- Litigation Experience With In Loan Modifications, Loan Workouts and Loan Defaults
- Lead Counsel In The Drafting and Negotiation of Numerous Commercial Leases, Including Advising Client On Events of Default
Oklahoma City University School of Law, J.D.—2013
Texas A&M University, B.S.—2006
Memberships and Affiliations
Brazoria County Bar Association