Business Formation Attorneys
When forming a business, you can trust our experienced business law attorneys at Cordoba Law Firm, PLLC. to provide the professional legal guidance you need.
Forming a business, picking the right structure, and ensuring all legal requirements are met takes specialized knowledge. Overlooking even seemingly minor details could cost you money in the long run and can impact your chances for success. At Cordoba Law Firm, PLLC, our Brazoria County business formation attorneys in Lake Jackson provide trusted, experienced legal guidance on which business owners can count. We act as strong allies on your side, helping to ensure you, your investment, and your future profits are protected.
Guidance Through the Process of Business Formation in Texas
Business formation is a complex process. How it is handled can impact whether your business thrives or fails. Information regarding business formation is available on the Texas Secretary of State website. This provides a brief outline of the process, the local rules and regulations that are likely to apply, and the forms you will need to complete. However, without specialized knowledge and experience in how the process works, you can easily waste time with endless red tape.
At Cordoba Law Firm, PLLC, our Brazoria County business formation attorneys in Lake Jackson provide the trusted, professional guidance you need to lay the proper groundwork for your business. With over a decade of experience representing business owners throughout the area, we can advise you in the following areas:
● Corporate formation to protect personal assets;
● Corporation formation to avoid personal liablity;
● Registering your business with the Texas Secretary of State and ensuring those forms are filled out correctly and obtaining federal and state tax identification numbers;
● Advising on forms for professional licenses and permits;
● Obtaining trademarks to protect your products and services;
● Advising on the appropriate insurance to protect you against legal liability;
● Creating contracts and negotiating agreements with vendors, suppliers, and commercial property owners;
● Advising clients on employee issues ranging from employee handbooks, employee applications, hiring practices, job requirements, and work environments conform with state and federal labor laws.
Structuring Your Business to Protect Your Interests
One of the first and most important tasks our Brazoria County business formation attorneys in Lake Jackson can tackle is helping you choose the appropriate business structure. At Cordoba Law Firm, PLLC, our goal is to increase the potential for profits, while reducing personal liability and connect you with the right tax professionals to advise you on the amount of taxes paid to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). After thoroughly reviewing all aspects of your case, we can help you determine which of the following are in your best interests:
● Limited Liability Company (LLC): This provides protection against legal liability while offering extensive tax benefits;
● Limited Partnerships: This is when a general partner (normally an LLC) is created to absorb the liabilities of the limited partnership and the limited partners (which are generally individuals) are seen as passive investors;
● Corporations: This is an independent legal entity that can raise funds through selling stocks or shares;
● S Corporations: This offers additional tax benefits by passing income directly through to shareholders; and
● Sole Proprietorship: The simplest and easiest business structure, profits are declared on your personal tax return.
Schedule a Consultation With Our Brazoria County Business Formation Attorneys Today at Our Lake Jackson Office
At Cordoba Law Firm, PLLC, we offer the professional legal guidance you need when forming a business. To request a consultation regarding how we can assist you, contact our Brazoria County business formation attorneys in Lake Jackson today.