Lake Jackson Texas Law Firm Provides Exceptional Legal Services
A concentrated focus on business, real estate, probate and civil litigation matters in Brazoria County
At The Cordoba Law Firm, PLLC, our attorneys provide legal services in several areas of law. Our firm is based in Lake Jackson, Texas, and we serve clients throughout Brazoria County, including Alvin, Angleton, Brazoria, Clute, Danbury, Freeport, Oyster Creek, Pearland, Sweeny, and West Columbia.
Our attorneys are experienced in a variety of business law transactions, including:
- Business formation: Selecting an entity for your business is an important decision that impacts the entire life of your company.
- Business structuring: Our attorneys are experienced in dissolution, restructuring, and mergers and acquisitions.
- Contracts: We provide legal advice on negotiating contract terms, drafting the contract, and handling any disputes that may arise.
- Business litigation: Our firm has represented business entities in various types of disputes, including breach of fiduciary duty claims, breach of contract, shareholder oppression allegations, partnership disputes, and allegations that involve the usurpation of corporate opportunity.
- Purchasing and selling businesses: Buying or selling a business is often a complex process that requires a thorough understanding of business law.
- Drafting and enforcing employment contracts: Outlining clear expectations for your employees protects your business from legal claims.
- Financial concerns: Our attorneys are prepared to help with bank finance and loan documents that are required throughout the life of your business.
- Software agreements and licenses: Our attorneys are experienced in the various steps businesses need to take to use technology to their advantage.
- Non-disclosure agreements: Our legal team is experienced in drafting these contracts, which protect your business from a leak of trade secrets and other sensitive information.
- Non-Competition agreements: Understanding the rights and limitations as an employer or employee under a non-competition agreement can be both confusing and stressful. Our attorneys routinely deal with non-competition agreements from the employer and employee perspective.
Our attorneys are experienced in all types of real estate matters, both inside and outside of the courtroom, including:
- Sales contracts: Whether you are purchasing real estate or are selling, our attorneys can help. Having an experienced real estate attorney on your side can save you time and money.
- Deeds: Our Texas real estate attorneys draft and review deeds to ensure property is transferred properly.
- Commercial and residential leases: Lease terms are important and have long-term impacts.
- Construction contracts: When building a structure, it is important to understand all the terms of the contract. We carefully review all construction contracts to ensure your best interests are protected.
- Workmanship disputes: At times, homeowners dispute the quality of a contractor’s work. Our attorneys assist with these disputes.
- Foreclosures: Our attorneys ensure your legal rights are protected throughout these claims.
- Boundary disputes and restrictive covenants: These matters, if not addressed promptly, may result in costly legal claims.
- Litigation: Our attorneys assist in a number of real estate litigation matters, such as title issues, adverse possession, and landlord-tenant disputes.
- Simple wills: Simple wills are ideal for those without significant assets and ensure your wishes are carried out.
- Wills incorporating trusts: In some cases, it is wise to create a trust to ensure your loved ones are taken care of. Our Texas wills and estate planning attorneys draft these documents and guide you compassionately through the process.
- Guardianship: At times, it becomes necessary to appoint a guardian to protect a loved one’s interests. We help you determine the best course of action for your loved ones.
- Powers of attorney: We are experienced in medical and business powers of attorney, and we also draft directives to doctors.
- Trusts: We draft both revocable and irrevocable trusts, depending on your individual needs.
- Business succession planning: We ensure your business will continue after your death.
- Litigation: If matters are contested after a loved one dies, we are prepared to help you fight in court.
- Contract disputes
- Breach of warranty claims
- Partnership disputes between business partners
- Real estate litigation
- Fiduciary litigation in business or probate matters
- Consumer litigation arising from allegations of fraud, unfair practices, and other claims
- Construction litigation
- Debt collection and defense
- Insurance bad faith, when an insurance company refuses to provide coverage it previously agreed to provide
Wills, Trusts & Probate
Wills, trusts & probate matters are often emotional for the parties involved. Our attorneys provide objective advice on these difficult issues, including:
Sometimes, it becomes necessary to fight claims in court. Our attorneys represent claimants in civil matters, including:
Call today to schedule a consultation
At The Cordoba Law Firm PLLC, our Brazoria County Texas attorneys take pride in serving you. We have built our practice on referrals from satisfied clients and we work hard to provide exceptional legal service, so you are proud to refer us to your friends and family. To schedule your consultation with one of our attorneys, call 979-297-2854 or contact us online. Serving clients throughout Brazoria County including Lake Jackson, Alvin, Angleton, Brazoria, Clute, Danbury, Freeport, Oyster Creek, Pearland, Sweeny, West Columbia, and Matagorda County.